Bef on the road

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Another new job!

in between finding a flat and moving out of my old one (which I really miss!) i also started a new job. its with the same company as I was at before (Trafigura) as a finance assistant but I'm now working in the Swaps team, a 'proper' finance role at last! I work with 6 others checking documentation for the sale of oil, which of course is a massive industry. I'm not entirely sure how I got the job but I've obviously talked to the right people. I was at work one Thursday and asked if I would consider the role by my boss, spoke to my would-be manager not long after that and by the end of the day, I had the job and started the next day, woah!! Barely had time to blink! I was working in the Credit team, I was sitting with the Treasury team and now working in the Swaps team, so already know quite a few people! The other great thing about the job is they say they're going to sponsor me when my work visa runs out next May. I havent had much time to let that sink in but that mean I'll be over here for longer than I thought I would be, altho who knows what's around the corner.

it also means that for those of you thinking you 'might' come visit, you might wana make it a definate thing! the rugby world cup is on in France next year, and the America's Cup is in Spain, great reasons to be a Kiwi travelling over her then, and it will be summer time!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home