Bef on the road

Friday, October 13, 2006

The thing with London.....

The thing with London is that people are always coming and going. I've had a lot of people arrive since I've been here but its only the last month or so that people have started to leave... I'm dreading when the time comes for my close friends to go home! The only good thing about someone leaving is their farewell party and I've had a few good ones so far.

Also had a few bday parties which has been fun, it becomes a game of 'lets see how many friends I have in London'! Hehe. My friend Wade asked if he could have his bday drinks at my place before going out to a club (The End) as he was still dossing (where you live when you first arrive) so we had about 40 of us around to my place one Saturday nite. Was great to meet more people, some even live on the same street as me!

My friend Nick's bday party was at his flat in Tooting (what a name!) which was a lovely afternoon which started with a bbq in the arvo drinking Magners (a very nice cider over here, I'm off beer at the moment!) and turned into a drunken dancing nite at the local pub where the Boy George show was on! There was about 20 us of us with Nick's party and and the others in the pub were all loving Boy George! We cheesily danced along to the music :)

Another great arrivel in London was my friend Benny, very cool to see him and show him around! He stayed with me for about 2 weeks and is currently still dossing with friends in another part of London. It worked out well him staying with me because I realised 3 days before he did, that both my flatmates Helen and Brad were going to be away and I'd be in the flat by myself! But Benny kept me company and I asked Nick and Jackie over for dinner. I probably would've been ok 1 nite in the flat by myself, but any more and I'd go crazy!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home