Bef on the road

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Visit from Aunty Teresa

My Aunty Teresa was over here at the beginning of August and it was really great to see her! She was staying in Marble Arch which isn't far from where I live and we were able to spend a few days together. The first day we went for lunch on a boat on the Thames River. It's a boat permanently moored along the banks and it was quite surreal being there, actually in london with Teresa. Sometimes I still cant believe I'm here, even tho I arrived over 5 months ago!! We went for a walk along the Thames as well and ended up at Puckingham palace.

I also met up with her and Patricia after work one day to go on the London Eye, the massive ferris wheel on the Thames. I hadn't been on there yet so was great to finally go! My flatmate Helen and friend Jackie also came so it was a good girly nite out! The picture is of Teresa and I at the very top of the London Eye looking out over West London. I live far away in the distance.....

As you would've heard, the chaos caused at heathrow airport caused many disruptions, including Tereaa and her groups flight out of london, who were meant to fly out that day! Long story short, Teresa ended up staying 2 more nites in london, which was a nice bonus! She met me at the station closest to my place the friday nite and Helen and I took her to this little italian restaurant we have become regulars at. They do great woodfired pizza, highly recommended! I also showed Teresa my flat so she can confirm i am living well :) Was great to show her where i'm living in london, she took photos for my parents :)

Here's a link to some pictures of Teresa's visit:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2102455582

And here's a lovely picture of me, friend Jackie and flatmate Helen on our way to take the tube home after going up the London Eye with Teresa. That's Big Ben in the background and Westminister, the parliament buildings.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home