Bef on the road

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Heathrow Injection and partying

Heathrow injection. That's what they call it. Everyone seems to come here and put on a few kilos without even realising it. Including me!!

Being the social people that we are, we soon learn about the pub culture in Englad which basically means it doesn't matter what day of the week it is, it's fine to have a drink anytime!!

Last Monday for instane, my cousin Philip arrived from NZ and I went out to meet him at the Australisian pub called the Walkabout. So here I was dancing to dance music at 10pm on a Monday nite, I'm sure that's not right! So I went home. And I blame Philip entirely :) He's currently partying at the beerfest in Germany, lucky thing! I unfortunately didn't have enough to go as well and have been getting texts from people all weekend saying how good it is! And that they wish I was there, that's nice to hear :)

About a month ago, 4 more friends arrived in London. Michelle and Rowan (who I use to work with at my first job out of uni, Tech Pacific) and Robyn and Wade. I use to go out with them in Auckland so its great seeing them here! The first nite I saw them, I took them drinking at a moored boat along the Thames (next to the one I had lunch on with my Aunty Teresa) because I had another friend Jon here for a few days who had organised drinks there. I also invited quite a few other friends along and it turned into a rather jolly Thursday nite! I somehow got home and remembered to set my alarm for work the next day, phew!

I also went with Michelle and co to South West Four which was a massive outdoor dance party starting at midday. A nice way to spend the afternoon on a long weekend! Here's a pic of Robyn, Alain, Michelle and I are the event, was a great day! I had about 5 other groups of friends there as well and managed to see them all. We didnt want the day to end!!

There was also the Nottinghill Festival a few weekends ago, that was amazing! It last for 2 days and each float has about 200 people involved. Either they are on the float, or behind the float all dancing away in there amazingly decorated costumes, NZ just doesn't have anything like that!!!

I've also been to the Ministry of Sound nightclub as well. Went along with my friends Leigh and Glenn and had a ball. DJ's Kid Kreme and Junior Jack were playing. Seen them in NZ but was cool seeing them here on their home territory!

Last Saturday was a fun day, had 3 bday parties to go to! Helen and I trekked across London for my friend Veerals bday which involved homemade cocktails, yum! Then we trekked back in time for one of our dossers, Brendan, birthday dinners at this nice little italian restaurant, then it was across to a South African bar called Zulu bar for my friend Stu's bday drinks. What a nite! But was great seeing so many friends all in one day :)

I've also had a reunion of the trip to Spain. We all went to the Church one Sunday and had a good old reminise about being in Spain. We just all wished we could go back there! That has definately been a highlight of my travels so far!