Bef on the road

Friday, June 23, 2006

June in London

I know its been awhile since I last put an entry on here, but thats because there hasn't been much going on!

Fat Freddy's Drop (NZ dub band) played over here on Friday 2 June, awesome concert! I've already seen them 3 times this year back in NZ but they always impress! They played at the Brixton Academy which seems to be one of the better venues over here. Very much like the St James, but the main room is about 4 times the size. And it was full of Kiwi's! A few of us then went to Picadilly Circus to some club. It was about 2am and some clubs still had the nerve to have a door charge! But we found a club that would let us in for free and we danced the nite away.

Am still loving London, always somewhere new to go and new places to see. I went on a ferry trip along the Thames to Greenwich with Paul and Mel, friends from back home (yes, more that are here!). I've been bits and pieces of the city but am still having trouble putting places in relation to where others are, so the ferry trip clarified a few things. We walked all the way up the hill to see the view and also to see the line for where time is made from (Greenwich meantime, GMT) but it had closed about 30mins before we got there, not happy! On the way down we were amused by some squirrels which I still hadn't seen here, hence the few photos of them.

Photos from ferry trip to Greenwich:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2105136043

I can't remember if I've mentioned playing outdoor netball here but its been really fun! I was playing indoor netball back home and there are quite a few different rules, so I took awhile to get use to it. But once I had the idea, my shooting has been really good :) There's a couple of english girls in the team who weren't happy about having to cut their nails tho.... get over it girls! They'll grow back!!

I've been to see a few more sights and yet more pubs. There are some really cool ones with great outdoor areas, one in particular I'm keen to go back too. They were even cooking burgers on the bbq!





More photos of friends around London:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2105230193

For those of you who know who I'm talking about, I went see Tiesto the other weekend... and he played for 6 hours!! For those of you who don't know, he was the worlds number 1 DJ in 2003 and I was lucky enough to meet him in New York and have my photo taken with him. He also played at the Opening Ceremony of the Olympic Games in 2004 in Athens, very cool!

We had a bbq at our place before heading there and I said to the boys, dont let me miss out on seeing him play (I have a thing for missing the main acts at big events) and they reassured me I wouldnt miss him considering he was playing for 6 hours and was the only act! Woah! He started up right as we walked into the venue and the nite just got better and better. Awesome atmosphere, great venue, much like the St James back home but easily 4 times the size. We were to the side most of the time where there was air conditioning, so it wasn't terribly hot. I then made the grand old effort of going to the Church again with other friends who hadn't been there yet. Bit of a mission but I made it :)

I'm going to Lisbon in Portugal this weekend, no doubt there will be many more photos!!

Until next time xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home